Sunday, April 15, 2012

Question 1

I think there was a lot of great information in chapters 10 and 12. I am actually wondering why it wasnt closering to the start of the semister instead of the end. Some of the information was pretty obvious however, it serves as a good reminder to watch out for some classic mistakes. I think the practice part was key as well. If you just read the speech and memorize it you will have no idea about how it sounds. Also if you memorize it you will just read as you do in your head with no change in tone or pitch. I thought in some of the videos they talked to slow. It seemed like what they were suggesting was to be very slow and mono tone on their examples. I think they were just tyring to show contrast between to fast and slow, but if they are examples they should be at least good ones.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, the speech buddy videos are good but some have really poor sound. Watching the videos for this week I could not understand anything on the "Feeding wildlife: Don't do it" video. On the other hand, the "Fallen Soldiers" was definitely a great example of language well used to create a reaction on her audience. I liked how she said that she would not refer to them as "casualties of war", instead she referred to them as "dreamers, loves, brothers, sisters" etc. I will definitely try to be more selective with my language in my upcoming speeches. For our persuasive speech we need to evoke a strong reaction on our audience so these videos were of good help.

    ReplyDelete