Sunday, April 1, 2012

Self-Evaluation 2

I think this time around I actually did worse on my speech compared to my last one. I felt that I didn't do bad, it was just not up to my standards. I didn't get almost any of the information that I thought I was going to be able to squeeze in. I was was comfortable and confident I feel, but at the end when I was forced to finish I was almost embarrassed that I didn't get to say most of my speech. If I could do it over again I wouldn't spend so much time explaining what a GMO is. I think the class would have been much more confused, but at least I could of gotten more information in about what the harms are. I noticed a lot of people were directly citing from their bibliography. I didn't know we were supposed to do that so I would add in some quotes to help support my claims. That is also assuming that I would have time to get to them. The goal I have about my next speech is actually reaching my content. The last speech and the upcoming speech both say 5-6 minutes, but I guess this class has 4-5 requirements. I need to figure out how to get to all the information I want to share out there in a timely manner. I don't think I nee to improve on my delivery that much. I keep getting marked down for fidgeting, but like I said on my last self evaluation there really isn't anything I can do about that. I took a muscle relaxer this time around, but it didn't seem to help so I'm pretty much stuck just getting marked down for moving around to much. They felt the same really. The only difference is that I just went way past the time on my last speech. This however got me a better grade vs me just skipping everything and ending. As I just mentioned the thing that seems to distract some people is me moving around and sadly there isn't much I can do to change that. On all the positives people said I had really good eye contact, which is good so I would say a 9 or 10. This is mainly because I rarely look down at my notes. I just make sure I am not skipping around to much and then continue talking. I think the grade I got was a little lower than I should of got however it wasn't to far off. I think I should of gotten a middle of the road B on my speech. I literally skipped pages of research, to try to squeeze the speech in the allotted time frame. I really only used one just because I luckily remember the citations information. I wasn't aware that we were supposed to use citations in our speech so next time around this will not be an issue. No it was worse in my opinion. I think next time if I am having a time issue I will just go over the time limit. In a perfect world I would be able to condense the information into the allotted time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment