Sunday, April 29, 2012

Question 2

I really enjoy debating people. Formal debates are fun, but I like when it is just back and forth (polite of course), but no opening statements or conclusion statements, just good old fashion arguing. I have a debate next week so I tested out some tactics on one of my ignorant friends. The topic was animal testing and of course I want to end it immediately, and my “friend” doesn't see the problem with it. So I used a lot of example based reasoning and causal reasoning, and some just plain old common sense. Needless to say he really didn't have a chance, it was a hollow victory though because he will never change his ways unless there is a gun pointed to his head or it is changed for him. I tried to use deductive reasoning, but it just confused him. I want to try to use some in my speech, but I want to make sure I make it short and simple so I people don't get lost in the tangled thoughts that are my speeches.

No comments:

Post a Comment