Over the years I have done a few interviews for various reasons usually involving work. I am very in depth when it comes to my research probably a little to over the top. The people I have interviewed I kind of feel bad for because it is almost like an interrogation. This is probably the issue I have with the interview process. I can tell when people are not totally forthcoming or are just pulling stuff out of their...well you know. Don't BS a BSer...hooray editing! Anyways my strong points would be that I can become easily informed on a topic so if I have a good person to interview I can adept my questions accordingly to their level of intelligence and knowledge of the subject at hand. My advice would do a ton of research. I like to know as much or more as my person I am going to interview so that I can relate to their answers. Make sure to have great questions, if you do not fully understand something make sure to ask it.
You make a good point about researching the topic prior to doing an interview so you have an understanding of the information being discussed. This can also help the interview to go a lot more smoothly because the interviewee will not have to explain every detail and you can relate to the information being shared. I also think the person you are interviewing will have more respect for you as an interviewer because you care enough about the topic and them to have researched it prior to the interview. I also agree with you that it is important to ask clarifying questions if you do not fully understand something or want more detail. Being prepared in advance will help you prepare those great questions and have to ask less of the clarifying type.
ReplyDelete