Saturday, March 24, 2012
Question 3
I liked the tips that the video section brought up. Everything they brought up were pretty good points. Keeping it short is sometimes hard to do because you feel that the entire message is very important, but if it is too long people will just tune it out. Embedding the video is important as well, even though its not crucial it really disrupts the presentation if you have to exit out of your slides then go to YouTube search for it then find it and play it vs playing it in your slide. Citing the source is very important too or I guess even citing the information that the video is referencing. This makes the video credible and not something someone came up with and made a quick video about their opinions. Making sure it is legitimate ties in to what I was just saying. Anyone can make a video and the speaker needs to make sure it has correct information before they show it to the class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally agree. Every book, site, and instructional video pushes and pushes for the speaker to keep it short, which is a very important aspect, because some will blab forever and everyone will be asleep. But there are 'those' presentations and speeches that require the input of the necessary time to get all the facts out and the information presented accurately. I, unfortunately, always seem to go over my allotted time for my speeches :( I believe this is because I usually speak of things I am very passionate about or speak on controversial subjects requiring me to present many different sides and aspects. I look forward to these next round of speech and can't wait to see what everyone has come up with.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the short and sweet speech. The need to expain more is always there but you could lose your audience. They might get bored after a while and not want to continue to listen. Citing the source is also very important. It give credibility to the audience. That way they don't think that you are just making things up. I don't think that I will use a video in my speech but I like what you brought up about it. It is very important to again cite the source and make sure that you have an accurate video.
ReplyDelete