Sunday, March 18, 2012

Question 3

I liked the establish your credibility part of chapter 9. I think it is very important for people to understand why they should believe in what you are saying. I do not like people who are full of themselves that just list of their credentials in a pompous matter. A person need to state why they are credible carefully so they do not come off as elitist and turn off the majority of the audience. A simple little explanation on how and why you are familiar with the subject should do and then your knowledge of the subject as your talking should be enough for people to understand you as a credible source and be listening the whole time. The last little snip it at the end confused me a little bit like they just had a quote from the department of labor. To me that doesn't really show credibility that is just something they looked up which anyone now a days can do. So I don't think that just one line from a source is enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment